Monday 11 April 2011

Cowboys & Indians for Adults


My brother once had a Cowboy & Indian's party for his 5th birthday. I was only young at the time too but I remember the tipis my mom placed around our garden so well. Something about being inside those little tents made you feel so safe. I think I myself probably sat in there acting as my alter ego at the time, Pocahontas.

Since that day, I have been big a fan of tipis so you can imagine my excitement when I came across these beautiful grown up tipis by Montreal based designer Alexis Tricoire. The tipis are wrapped in a living blanket of grass and ivy and even work as an outdoor bedroom (I wouldn't recommend sleeping there every night but once in a while might bring us adults a little bit of excitement). Very 21st Century Pocahontas.

3 comments:

Angel Garcia said...

I love when people get creative like this! Pushing the boundaries and reinventing things. I would so love to give it a try and go in there.

All the best, Angel

http://www.fashionablynumb.com

STYLE MARMALADE said...

Interesting... I wonder if they are made with all organic stuff. They must be Eco friendly I guess.x

Reena Rai said...

What...wow! I want to stay there it looks so beautiful and organic

 
Copyright © savoir-vivre